Part-time position providing secretarial and /administrative support, communication coordination, and membership record- keeping services for Kickstand and its Board of Directors. Reporting Relationship:
Reports to the President of the Board of Directors and works with members of the Kickstand Board as needed.
- Serves as the central "point of contact" for all membership inquiries that Kickstand receives (including phone, mail, email, and website inquiries) via answering service, incoming mail and e-mail messages to Kickstand.
- Provides a consistent "presence" for the organization.
- Responsible for Kickstand’s membership renewal process, including:
- Mailings to prospective/new members communicating with prospective and expiring Kickstand members via email, phone or in person for the purpose of signing them up as members.
- Processing Kickstand memberships that are collected offline (i.e. memberships that are received during monthly member meetings) and adding them to the membership database applications.
- Following up via phone as needed, maintaining the integrity and consistency of data within the membership database.
- Monitoring and reporting on membership signups on a monthly basis during the monthly board meeting. and web site, and
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of membership name tags for during monthly meetings.
- Assists Treasurer by preparing and presenting monthly financial reports to the Board comparing actual expenditures and income to budget amounts; keeping detailed records of expense and income; assuring bank account is balanced; and being responsible for the payment of expenses incurred by Kickstand and the deposit of dues and other income paid to Kickstand.
- Prepares and disseminates monthly newsletter.
- Provides secretarial and clerical support as needed, including support on special projects.
- Attends monthly membership meetings and assists with registration or greeting members as needed. Attends monthly Board meetings.
- Retains Kickstand’s historical information, as well as key forms, files and publications.
Good communication, organizational, typing and computer skills required, including database management experience with a website content management system (i.e. one of the following systems: Wordpress, Drupal, Expression Engine, Adobe Business Catalyst, or similar). Must have own personal computer and be able to work between 8 to 20 hours per week up to 1000 hours per year. Able to work one or two evening functions per month. Reliable transportation needed to pick up mail and attend monthly member meetings and board meetings.
If you are interested, please email Becky Gates.